Haddon Hall has been described as the most perfect house to survive from the middle ages and probably the finest example of a fortified medieval manor house in existence. Present-day Haddon Hall dates from the 12th Century to the early 17th Century, whereupon it lay dormant for over two hundred years from 1700 until the 1920s, when the 9th Duke and Duchess of Rutland restored the house and gardens, and once again made it habitable. Lord Edward Manners, brother of the current Duke, has recently moved back to the hall with his wife and young family – it is once again a family home.
New signs were designed by MCVI in close collaboration with the family and Rivermeade. The signs replace a large number of old signs with no consistency of typography, layout, positioning, colour or size. In particular the large monoliths in the car park by the busy A6 mark the location of the hall which is hidden from from view.