We have recently completed the installation of an internal sign scheme for the latest Anavo care home in Crewe.
There are specific 'best practice’ recommendations for signs inside a care home.
• sans serif text used in upper and lower case
• text size not less than 30mm
• muted colour palette without lessening legibility
• no glossy or reflective surfaces
• no sharp edges or corners
• location signs incorporate a symbol where possible
• in dementia care areas it can be helpful to lower the fixing height of the signs